3 EASY WAYS TO PREPARE YOUR CAR FOR A ROAD TRIP
Planning an adventure in your car? Here’s how to make sure your vehicle is ready for the road ahead.
Everybody loves a road trip – the stunning scenery. Getting there in your own time. The open road: it’s the best way to see the country.
But there are some things you should do before leaving to make sure you can have the best time possible on your adventure.
Our car mechanics can service most types of standard vehicles including. Motorbikes, trucks, buses and vans.
We recommend that you have your exhaust upgraded at the same time as you are doing the general car service, as we can give you a discounted price on both if done at the same time.
1. CHECK THAT YOUR CAR IS IN PEAK CONDITION
Your car should be within its service period. There are also a number of checks you should perform before you leave
- Fluids: Check that the engine oil and filter has been changed recently; check your levels of transmission fluid, engine coolant, brake fluid, power steering fluid, and windshield washer
- Battery: Check for leaks, cracks, or damage. Does the engine turn over slower than normal when you start the car? If so, it’s time to replace the battery.
- Air filter: It’s best to change your air filter before a long trip. A dirty air filter can cause power issues
- Electrical equipment: Check your horn, wipers, and all lights are in good working condition.
- Tires: check your tire pressure: If you’ve noticed a vibration when driving at higher speeds, you may also need an alignment.
- Brakes, steering, and suspension: It’s best to have a professional check over these components before you leave on a long trip. Instability at higher speeds, clicks or clunking noises when turning, and vibrating sensations are all signs that there’s a problem with your brakes, steering or suspension.
Having a professional service your car is the best way to make sure your car is in peak condition for your trip.
Bowen Hills Exhaust & Car Care will make sure your car is up to scratch – so you can relax and have fun.
2. PACK AN EMERGENCY KIT
An emergency kit for your car can include:
- Jumper wires
- Tire gauge
- Spares: tire, fanbelt, radiator hoses, spark plugs
- Engine oil, coolant, windshield washer
- Tow rope
- Torch and batteries
- Basic toolkit
3. THE EXTRAS
Consider having these in your car, to make the most of your trip:
- A GPS or road maps
- A portable DVD player or handheld games to entertain the kids
- Your favourite music
- A camera to capture the amazing scenery
- Car and travel insurance to cover the unexpected
Most importantly, have fun!
A road trip is an amazing experience – one that shouldn’t be marred by unexpected accidents or break downs.
Book a service with Bowen Hills Exhaust & Car Care before you leave, so you can have peace of mind and enjoy your trip!